Front of House Restaurant Staff
We’ll take someone with a bright personality, enthusiasm and a sense of fun, over experience every time. But if you combine a bit of both, you’re exactly the kind of person that we want to have in our team.
We’ll teach you to encourage guests to; “try our amazing specials” or maybe “just one of the desserts” or how about “one of our delicious cocktails” to ensure that they get the best Oarsman experience ever and if you’re good at it, there’s a fast track just waiting for you.
Ideally you will have worked in a restaurant before but the important things are for you to have a desire to offer great service coupled with a vibrant personality. You should be passionate about good food combined with a willingness to learn and improve all the time.
To apply, please send an email addressed to Sue Atkins with your CV and covering letter attached.
Role and Responsibilities
- Deliver excellent customer service at all times
- Assist in the set up and maintenance of all restaurant areas
- Ensure customers are aware of our offering
- Assist in the receipt of deliveries
- Welcome guests to the restaurants
- Ensure check-backs are made to notify the manager where stocks are low
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with statutory Health and Safety requirements, including food hygiene regulations
- Adhere to all standards in every interaction with guests, colleagues, and external suppliers and contacts
- Take payment efficiently from guests
- To support colleagues at peak times and to undertake any operational duty which might be reasonably required, to ensure customer expectations are met
- Assist in keeping front of house and toilets clean and tidy at all time, including outside areas
- Always adhere to all company policies and Standard Operating Procedures and licensing laws
- Attend training sessions as required to keep personal knowledge up to date
- Be involved and contribute to any team meetings
- Carry out instructions to the very best of your ability