The Ideal Candidate
As a skilled and talented chef, with an eye for presentation you will know all there is to know about food preparation and portion control. Working within a busy kitchen supporting the Head Chef you will take responsibility for your own section ensuring that all equipment is maintained, cleaned and working correctly at all times. You will need a thorough knowledge of food safety and hygiene as this is crucial to being successful in this role.
To apply, please send an email addressed to Sue Atkins with your CV and covering letter attached.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage the opening and closing of the kitchen as required
- Prepare, cook and present food to company specifications, recipes and HACCPS
- Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
- Work safely around kitchen equipment and monitor and deal with any maintenance issues
- Assist with ensuring stock counts are accurate and completed on time
- Assist with maintaining accurate ordering and stocking levels
- Assist as required with managing all kitchen – related administration
- Manage wastage through correct portion control and records
- Assist with training and developing staff to assist in kitchen duties
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and licensing laws
- Be involved with and contribute to at all team meetings
- Carry out instructions as given by management